{THE CHIPPER CHICKIE}

a handsome hubby, two darling daughters, a pair of puppies

and other reasons I'm a Chipper Chickie...




12/30/11

Five {Organization} Things Friday

In January I'm taking the month off {although I'll still have pieces available at Toad Hall and Mango Street Baby} to ORGANIZE.

I love organized spaces and planned schedules and routines. They actually make busy life manageable and more flexible.

Unfortunately, our home has been anything but organized for the past two years and we have somehow managed to live life from one event to the next.

Chris starts a new job - check. Arrival of baby #1 - check. Back to work full-time - check. Second pregnancy - check. Arrival of baby #2 - check. Back to work part-time - check. Quit work and venture out on my own - check {and we have literally been buried in burlap dust and paint cans during these last few months...no time for organization then}.

And now here we are.

After the very busy months during the holiday season, I figured it was a good time to sit down with a cup of coffee and plot out my plan of attack. And Chris couldn't have agreed more. :)

Of course, I turned to Pinterest for a little "pinspiration".

Today's Five Things Friday post features my favorite organization tips and photos I found on Pinterest.

1. I LOVE getting Christmas cards! And I save them every year. Right now seven years of Christmas cards are piled up in the buffet in our dinning room. Well, at least the last few years...I think Chris made me purge when we moved. Anyway, I love to keep them {because they are beautiful!!} but I wasn't really sure what to do with them. Thanks to Pinterest, now I know!
 Pinned Image
Punch a few holes in them and add rings to keep them together and use them to pray for one family every day. I love, love, love this idea! AND, with the newly available real estate in the buffet, I can store serving pieces that I've stashed somewhere else.

2. I am totally making a Home Management Binder! {And a Recipe Binder...something I've been meaning to do for years! Check out Prudent Baby's Free Recipe Binder Artwork
Pinned Image
I've already started it, and I'll tell you all about it next week when it's finished. I can't wait to have everything in one place!

3. I often feel like I'm drowning in housework to be done. So, I thought this list might be helpful once I've gone through and organized the house. This list of daily chores is designed to help you prioritize your cleaning routine and get it done in an hour a day. From the looks of it, it will take me longer than an hour to do all of these things, but I figure I can break it up throughout the day. It's worth a try.
Pinned Image

4. This is my pantry organization inspiration photo...is it too good to be true?
Pinned Image

5. And these are just a few pictures of ideas for organizing the little things...
Metal silver trays = magnetic boards
love
for notes or child artwork

spoons segregated by color, in jars, in tray. lovely.
cooking utensils

Wire cd racks + tupperware lids
Tupperware {a problem area of mine}

jewelry organization
jewelry

cute for embroidery thread.
embroidery threads
$7.96
scarves {they sell these at Bed Bath and Beyond}

Scan your kids' artwork into a book so you don't have to keep 1,000 pieces of paper forever.  Kids LOVE looking through their artwork!
child artwork...scan and make a book each year...and only frame your very favorites

Here's to an organized 2012! 

No comments: